Submissions for Plethora's Anthology, Indian Summer in Verses is now open
Updated: Jan 31
India is the land of culture, heritage, festivities, colours and above all of love. Poetry flows from every nook of its existence. Somewhere the alleys of history speaks, somewhere the labyrinth of its people, somewhere the verses can be seen on the heart of its ancient monuments and somewhere they can be heard in the hymns of prayers. The sounds of poetry rise to its sky each day; through seasons but summers has a mystical charm that draws the poet’s ears as it whispers the lost verses of its soul. Hear the sounds of the backwaters of Kerala, it sings with every ripple of its sinuous movements, or the view of the birds returning to their nests on the crimson sky of the summers carving poetry on the sky with their flights. Not to forget the lazy noons when the sunlight keeps playing with the shadow seldom hiding the courtyard that hold the jars of pickles and drying red chillies whilst holding gently the poetry of the love of myriad hearts that often trod upon its chest. The verses of the twilight tea somewhere and somewhere the summers bring the sweat that drips and writes poetry of soul on each body. Indian Summers are beautiful and poetic if you just listen!
Come let’s write a poem and bring alive the varied essence of Indian summers through verses. Use your imagination and write that feeling which you love about the Indian summers, no style or theme restriction.
Submission guidelines are simple for you to follow and will make the process smooth for us.
1. Kindly send one poem of 40-50 lines depicting the Indian summers.
2. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with Anthology Submission in the subject line. Send it in one doc. File. The poem, your short Bio and a clear HD image of yours.
3. All the contributing authors will be given virtual certificates of excellence from Plethora Blogazine.
4. The author will have to buy his/her own author’s copy.
5. Each author after the book is released as paperback in the market is requested to promote and share more and more about the book.
The last date of submission is 30th January 2020. All the entries will be considered for publication for this limited anniversary edition of Plethora Blogazine.
Founder & Chief Editor