Call for Submissions: 'Shakespeare's Heroines Resurrected' Second Poetry Anthology
Dear all, after the great success of our very first poetry anthology ‘Indian Summer in Verses’ we are now even more excited to share with you that we are ready with the theme for our second poetry anthology. And this time we will go more back in time and travel to the Renaissance or the Elizabethan era and meet some of Shakespeare’s heroines. Not only we would meet them but this time we will conjure up his most prominent heroines from his most famous plays. Yes, you have guessed it right! For this anthology we are going to dedicate our love for the ‘Bard of Avon’ Shakespeare himself. But this time before writing do some research because you might have missed the story for long and must have forgotten somewhere in parts, so just go through a quick recap and then begin with the characterization. But there are some strict guidelines which you need to follow before sending your manuscript to us.
1. Send only one poem up to 50-60 lines not exceeding more than that.
2. You have to choose one female character from any of the plays of Shakespeare and write your poem around her. You can choose even some more characters from the play your are choosing your heroine from to support the story or you can create some new story and revolve it around the female protagonist you are going to write upon.
3. The plot can either stay the same but you have to retell it in your own way or you can create the aftermath of it by creating something new from the play’s ending.
4. You are also allowed to choose any particular segment that you like the most in the play and shape it with your imagination.
5. Do not use the original lines, dialogues or phrases anywhere in your poem’s body from any of the play of Shakespeare. This would be counted as plagiarism and your articles would be straightaway rejected.
6. You can use the original characters name though and recreate the story or use it as the theme for your poem.
7. You can use any style of writing, i.e. you can choose to write in free verse style, sonnet, soliloquies, contemporary way with stanza breaks using the modern English or even the archaic style.
8. More than one entries coming from different households on one female protagonist will be accepted as we have plans to dedicate one segment to each of Shakespeare’s heroines. Thus feel free to choose any female protagonist of his you want to dedicate your poem to.
9. Do not title your poems on the title of the book; such poems would be a big ‘NO’.
10. Send in your poem along with your Bio in third person, a clear HD image and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with Second Anthology Submission in subject line of the mail.
11. After the deadline ends all the submissions will be carefully read and evaluated and those selected would be required to pay INR. 500 towards the publication charges.
12. In return the contributing poet will receive an author’s copy, a physical certificate and a chance to get published under the banner of both Plethora Blogazine and Writersgram Publications combined venture.
13. All the selected writers will have to sign a declaration form stating that the poem is their original piece within a week’s time after receiving it in their inbox.
14. The last date for submission is 30th September 2020 till midnight and we strongly recommend early entries to avoid the last minute rush.
Note: The details of the payment transfer will be shared once the list of the writers would be announced on 10th of October 2020.
The above video is just for giving you some inspiration and not to limit your imagination, thus you can choose any other play by Shakespeare and resurrect any of his heroines in your own imaginative way.
Looking forward to read some of the most brilliant articles by most talented writers out there.
Founder & Chief Editor,
Founder & Managing Director